The Google Cloud Storage is a product of Google Cloud Platform – GCP. It has infrastructure for both storage and sharing.
The Google Cloud storage not only offers this, but a vast major of uses from just storing your files, data, photos, log etc, to sharing them to an individual, an email, or to whole world. The uses a feature also includes password protected files, Sharing and uploading, Hosting, containers, Run and Buckets also. It has some of the worlds best feature and all comes with both free and paid services.
The Google products like, YouTube, Google Drive, Google Documents, Google Cloud Operation/Stackdriver and hundred other products and services including millions of websites on internet owned by individuals, companies and corporates are also using and being hosted on Google Cloud Storage.
The Google Cloud Storage does not only offer data, file and photo, etc storage and sharing facility, but also efficient accessibility, Hosting and reach within seconds all around world 24×7 hours as it has established hundreds of Data Centres and Storage facility all across globe in many countries.
It has some of the worlds best security, Anti-malware, Anti-Theft and Anti-breach system and software so stop any kinds of security breach along with highly professional teams of Software Security experts to tackle all these problems buy finding vulnerability, loop holes, signs of malwares and infection, signs of attack and any kind of breach and fixing them to highest level. Now, enough about security, Now let’s talk about some of its best features and uses along with pricing. Note that Google Cloud Platform, which in short called as GCP is continuously developing and adding new features and technology to it’s all GCP products, including Google Cloud Storage so that feature may vary from here. We will update this article once we have any news about any update.
1. An Easy Transition to low-Cost Service – On Google Cloud Storage, one can easily configure their data with “Object Lifecycle Management, in short OLM to automatically transition and transfer their data, buckets, operations, logs, databases and all other things under “data” to a lower-cost storage system, when it fulfils all the criteria you have set, as for example when it reaches a certain period, time of age or when you have stored some newer or specific version of data.
2. Multiple Redundancy option to choose from – The Google Cloud offers option to create unlimited non-stop continuously growing list of buckets or storage bucket locations which can be used to store your precious data such as instances log, VMs logs, application logs and others with multiple automatic redundancy options. You can also use this for fast and efficient optimization of your services such as application hosting, software run, or website hosting, optimization can even be done for split-second response time or you can use this feature to robust disaster recovery plan in case of you lose your locally stored data in any case such as data-corruption, virus manifestation, attack, physical loss or even theft. With this feature of Google Cloud Storage, you can also choose your own way to store your data.
3. Easy data transfer from physical On-Campus hardware to Google Cloud Storage (GCS) – The Google Cloud Platform didn’t only bring you Google Cloud Storage facility but also ways to transfer all of your data, even from a tiny file to big-enormous files from locally located hardware systems, such as hard drives or On-campus/On-premises data centres to highly sophisticated and world class Cloud Storage. You can choose from Storage Transfer Service (STS) and Transfer service for on-premises data (TSOP). They both offer highly performant, Online pathways to transfer your data from local storage system to Google Cloud Storage with great scalability, speed and efficiency. For offline data transfer solution, Google Cloud Storage offers their own Transfer Appliance which can shipped to desired location, and once you receive it, you just need to connect to your storage system and it’ll sync all your data and then after it is shipped to an ingestion location where the data is finally uploaded to Cloud Storage.
Pricing of Google cloud
Please note that the pricing varies from service and uses time by time and you may not charge what is mentioned here. For detail pricing you may visit google website itself. The pricing here is average and there is no fixed price as Google has adopted “Pay-As-You-Go” model which means you just need to pay for what specific service you use for how much time and how much CPU and data is consumed. Given pricing is average.
1. Standard Storage – The pricing for Standard Storage service of Google Cloud Storage starts from $0.02 per GB per Month and may go up depending upon how much storage you use, consume, what operations you deploy and how frequently your data accessed by you clients and bandwidth.
2. Nearline Storage – The pricing for Nearline Storage service of Google Cloud Storage starts from $0.01 per GB per Month and may go up depending upon how much storage you use, consume, what operations you deploy and how frequently your data accessed by you clients and bandwidth.
3. Coldline Storage – The pricing for coldline Storage service of Google Cloud Storage starts from $0.004 per GB per Month and may go up depending upon how much storage you use, consume, what operations you deploy and how frequently your data accessed by you clients and bandwidth.
4. Archive Storage – The pricing for Archive Storage service of Google Cloud Storage starts from $0.0012 per GB per Month and may go up depending upon how much storage you use, consume, what operations you deploy and how frequently your data accessed by you clients and bandwidth.